A long phone call and concert tickets - Seoul Trip Day 12

1/6 23:18
Today has been slow again, which I don't really mind. I stayed up late editing a video so I actually fell asleep rather quickly and slept really well! I knew I was going to stay inside until at least 5pm today because that's when the tickets to see my fave kpop group BTS in London went on sale. I was determined to go because I've never really wanted to see anyone live except BTS, they're just a group I feel like I should experience live no matter how far I'm sitting or standing.

Thanks to awesome friends we got tickets and I'll be seeing BTS on the 10th of October! I'm really excited already. After the tickets were confirmed I decided I really needed to get out so I wandered out with my earphones in to find some cake. I wanted to find this specific cafe called A Twosome Place because I saw the heart-shaped cake there, but once I found one today they didn't have it. I chose a New York Cheesecake instead, and had probably the first drink here that I've really enjoyed which was a Royal Iced Milk Tea. It was basically a tea bag with some tea, lots of milk and sugar and then ice. Yummy! I sat and read for a while and then planned to call my friend Amy.

I ended up reading on a bench in the middle of Yeonnam, which is a suburb of Hongdae that's super popular. A new beer company just opened shop nearby so everyone was milling around on the grass drinking beer. I sat and read for a while and then called Amy. It was super weird to hear her voice! I felt very important though, having my English discussion on a park bench where not everyone around me could understand me.

Besides get a panini and then head home while on the phone I've not honestly done a lot. Me and Amy talked for four and a half hours (I've just ended the call with her) just about everything, and it was so comforting to hear her voice and just talk about normal shit that isn't concentrated on me being away or anything. It also made me appreciate still having a few days here and making the most of them because home isn't going anywhere!

I think tomorrow I'll head to some art museums and then maybe have a wee picnic by the river, which I'm sure a lot of people will be doing on a Saturday. I'm also on the hunt for the perfect pair of cat-eye sunglasses! Will report back on my findings.

Today was slow and so there's not a lot to write about, sorry. Two new girls have taken over the room next to me now, and they are a lot noisier than the previous two. They were showering and making noise and using the vaccuum and hairdryer at 2am, which wasn't a big deal for me because I was still awake, but the rules state that we need to be semi-quiet after 10pm. I hope they're not super loud in the mornings because I really need my sleep. I spoke to them very briefly because they knocked on my door when they arrived, but once I came out they just said sorry so I don't think they were interested in getting to know me and just thought that I might have been the owner of the airbnb. Don't know why they'd think the owner would be staying in one of the rooms but oh well.

Thank you for reading thus far, I'm aware my audience of dedicated readers is a tight circle (the views on these have gone steadily down which I understand, the newness of it is not really there anymore) so, thanks for taking time out of your day for this! Not that I'm constantly checking how many people read this (its therapeutic enough for me to write even if there's no one who sees it)  but validation is always cool.

Cheers,
Becks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on music

Hey, I'm a better me

Wait, you weren't allowed to read Harry Potter?